FYI


Friday, March 26, 2010

Apologies...

Another "oooops" from me - I am totally snowed under with college work and visitors at the mo. No time for crafting or for writing :-(. I hope I will have a little more time soon. In the meantime, I am resuscitating an old project that I posted in the early days of my blog. In fact, it was this project that initially made me think I should really start a blog and share my ideas with interested crafters. However, I didn't really have much of an audience back then, so I hope that some of you have not seen this project of mine before...


This is my designer lampshade. It has just been featured by The Frugal Designer Rayan on her fantastic website which contains a huge resource library for crafty projects, remodels, decorations, ideas and inspiration. Please pop over to her site and check it out for yourself. Submit your own projects and help build the library if you like. 

The lampshade is really easy to make - you only need some cardstock and staples to make it. It is assembled from 12 pieces which look like this:


I describe how to make these here. Don't get thrown off by the fact that they are meant to make a Christmas star *hehe*. The lampshades look really nice in my sitting room. See for yourself: 


(I can't tell you how much it bugs me that the lamp on the left was not sitting straight when I took the photo *ugh*.) Please check my original post.

Right, back to work and visitors... I hope I'll be able to schedule the blog linking party for tomorrow. AND that it works properly, this time...

Best,

4 comments:

* The Design Confidential said...

Thanks so much for this mention! I am so honored to have all of your fabulous projects cataloged! I can't wait for you to do more...

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Hi Sonja,
That is gorgeous! I'm so glad you reposted! Have a great weekend!

Yasmine said...

This one is a real "Meisterwerk" Sonja!

Molly Anne said...

Wow those are fantastic!

I think college work takes precedence! Good luck with it!