FYI


Friday, October 9, 2009

Internet Find: Turn your Blog into a Printed Book!

Excuse me for getting a bit overexcited here, but I found a really interesting site on the web this morning while researching for my work as a freelance journalist. You can have your blog printed as a proper, hardcover book via an American printing house. They do ship internationally, too, to various countries. Just for fun I tried it out with Craft-Werk and took a couple of screenshots for you to see:


The tool automatically comes up with a table of contents and places it at the front of your book.
You can choose from a variety of cover designs (my example didn't look great so I didn't bother making a screenshot).

All pictures are included and are placed in the text the way you had laid them out in the blog. Comments can be made visible, too.

As part of my photography course in college I am asked to keep a "visual diary" which I have decided to keep in the form of a blog. (For copyright reasons it is not on public view, so I cannot link to it here.) However, I have to hand it in as a hard copy - and that is where Blog2Print comes in. I am really glad to have found this site because it will save me from having to copy and paste my whole blog into a word document.

Check out their site here. Oh - and no, I am (unfortunately) not paid for the free PR for their services...

6 comments:

Schnattchen said...

Wow what a great website! Glad you found it!

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Yep, it's really cool. Sometimes it is really handy to have a book at hand and not have to boot up a computer and the internet if you want to quickly look at something...

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this. Very cool.

The Royal Family said...

Never heard of this site I use blurb.com

I wonder how the prices compare.

Thanks for visiting me on my special sits day, I hope you had time to enter my giveaways that now end tomorrow! See you soon.
the Buzz, Brandy

pepper said...

oh wow! I have found that blogging has led to so many more photos that I was considering making a photo book of the year, but this is even better! Like a journal, and if you had a blog full of tutorials or recipes, an easy way to publish for reference! brilliant! thanks for sharing :)
x Pepper

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Oh, thanks for all your comments, guys ;-). Yep, I am really excited about the blog-to-book printers. I have looked at blurb.com, Brandy - they look really good, too. Thanks for passing on that link!